Wildfires across the country: 4 hotspots still active, ministry says there is no risk to homes

0

Six wildfire hotspots were recorded by midday in several areas of the country, while four of them remain active. According to the official version from the Ministry of Defense, the situation is considered stabilized and no danger to residential areas has been reported, although operations on the ground are continuing in several counties.

Wildfires across the country: 4 hotspots still active, ministry says there is no risk to homes

Midday toll: 6 hotspots, 4 active

The Ministry of Defense said that by 14:00 on Wednesday, six wildfire hotspots had been recorded across the country. Of these, four are still active, while two others are under monitoring.

In the same statement, the institution described the situation as generally stabilized. However, the fact that four hotspots remain active shows that the situation on the ground is not yet over, despite the reassuring tone of the official reporting.

Forces on the ground and air support

According to the ministry, 126 local operational forces have been engaged in firefighting operations. The Armed Forces are supporting the response with 90 personnel and two Air Force helicopters.

Authorities have not reported damage in residential areas at this stage, but the presence of helicopters and additional forces indicates that some of the hotspots have required an expanded response.

Where the hotspots remain active

Active hotspots are reported in Dajt, Priskë, Lufaj and Tërbun. In Dajt, the operation is continuing with 50 Armed Forces personnel, 15 Fire Protection and Rescue Service forces and 5 National Agency of Protected Areas forces.

In Priskë, according to authorities, work is continuing after the hotspot reactivated. In Lufaj, Mirditë, the fire remains active at low intensity, where Forestry Service and firefighters are on the ground with one fire engine.

In Tërbun, Pukë, the operation is continuing to open separating corridors, after the air intervention has ended. The official version considers the situation there under control.

Two areas under monitoring

In Gurë-Lurë, according to the ministry, the fire has been extinguished and the area is being monitored. Meanwhile, in Qafë Helmes the hotspot has been isolated, while operations are continuing with local forces.

Civil Protection structures remain engaged on the ground. So far, no danger to homes has been reported, but the development of the active hotspots will remain the real test of the effectiveness of the institutional response.

The midday toll points to a more contained situation than in other episodes this summer, but not a closed one. In several areas, the fire continues to require direct intervention on the ground and from the air.

For now, institutions insist that there is no threat to residential areas, while attention remains on the full isolation of the four hotspots still active.

Artikulli i mëparshëmMbi 3.3 ton kokainë të sekuestruara në Spanjë e Portugali, tre të arrestuar
Artikulli i radhësZjarret në Pukë dalin nga kontrolli, dhjetëra hektarë pyje të përfshirë nga flakët