Barcelona are once again being linked with Lautaro Martinez, at a stage of the transfer window when noise often moves faster than real negotiations. Reports from Spain and Argentina speak of renewed interest and an offer that could reach €100 million, but at this point everything remains at the level of media signals.

The Lautaro track reopens after the Julian Alvarez deadlock
According to TNT Sport in Argentina, Barcelona have shifted their attention to Inter captain Lautaro Martinez after Atletico Madrid did not open the way for Julian Alvarez. In this version, the Spanish champions are looking for a centre-forward and Lautaro’s name has returned to the table.
Sports journalist Cristian Camino said that if the Alvarez issue is not resolved, Barcelona’s idea is to move toward an offer of €100 million for the Argentine striker. The same line has also been mentioned in the Spanish media, where it is said that Hansi Flick likes the player’s profile.
An old story returning to the transfer market
Barcelona’s interest in Lautaro Martinez is not new. The Catalan club had also tried for him in the summer of 2020, when it was looking for a replacement for Luis Suarez.
At that time, Lionel Messi had publicly expressed his admiration for the Inter striker, describing him as a complete player. However, the operation was not completed, as the gap between what Inter wanted and what Barcelona offered remained large.
Inter have little reason to move from their strong position
Today the picture is even more complicated for anyone targeting Lautaro. After six years, he has become one of Inter’s central figures: captain, top scorer and a reference point in the squad.
For that very reason, his departure only 10 days before the close of the summer transfer window looks very difficult. Even according to the assessments that are circulating, to bring Inter into a discussion would require a figure beyond normal market parameters, not simply a big media story.
Between the reports and the player’s own signal
So far there are no elements that present the transfer as an imminent matter. The noise around Barcelona exists, but there is still distance between interest, an offer and a real agreement.
Even Lautaro Martinez’s latest message on Instagram, “See you on Saturday,” has been read as an indication that the striker, at least for the moment, is not showing signs of being drawn by the blaugrana sirens.
For now, the Barcelona-Lautaro track remains more of a transfer-market scenario than a consolidated operation.
If there are concrete moves, they will be measured not by the noise of the headlines, but by Inter’s willingness to touch the backbone of their team.
